How to correct, fix: Reseat ink cartridge for Printer (MP160 / MP180 / MP460) Issue: ERROR LED: E, 1, 4
How to correct, fix: Press ON/OFF switch to reset the multifunction device Reset the device when it is not functioning properly. If the device is not functioning properly or to clear memory, reset it. On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.) Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer. Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again. Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.
Turn the machine off, and remove the power cord from the electrical outlet. Wait approximately ten minutes then plug in the power cord and turn the machine on. If the problem is not resolved, the machine may require service.
Canon Printer Error Messages:
E2 – No paper, Paper does not feed error.
How to correct, fix: If paper is not installed, load it and then press the <Black> or <Color> button. When paper is installed, check each of the following items and try printing again.
1. Confirm only recommended paper is installed.
2. Confirm paper is installed properly.
3. Confirm the maximum number of sheets in the auto sheet feeder is within the paper limit mark.
4. Clean the paper feed roller to resolve the error. E
E3 – Paper jam error.
How to correct, fix: Remove the jammed paper. If paper jams frequently occur, check the following:
1. Confirm there is no foreign material inside the machine.
2. Confirm only recommended paper is installed.
3. Confirm paper is installed properly.
4. Confirm the maximum number of sheets in the auto sheet feeder is within the paper limit mark.
E4 – Empty ink tank.
How to correct, fix: An ink cartridge is empty. To cancel printing, press the <Stop/Reset> button. To continue printing, press <Black> or <Color> button. After printing completes, replace the empty ink cartridge. Printing with an empty ink cartridge may cause the machine to malfunction.
E5 – The ink cartridge(s) is not installed. The ink cartridge(s) cannot be recognized.
How to correct, fix: Make sure to install both ink cartridges even when you set the machine to use only one ink cartridge in printing. If one of the ink cartridges is missing, this error can occur.
E7 – The ink cartridge is not installed in the appropriate position.
How to correct, fix: The ink cartridge is not installed in the proper position. Install each ink cartridge in the proper position.
E8 – The ink wasteabsorber is almost full.
How to correct, fix: The waste ink absorber is getting full. Press the <Black> or <Color> button to clear the error and continue printing. Printing can continue until the waste ink absorber becomes full. If the waste ink absorber becomes full, the machine will require service. The waste ink absorber is a part inside the machine, which absorbs ink used in the cleaning operations.
E9 – A specified period of time has elapsed without receiving a response from the digital camera. A print mode compliant with PictBridge is not selected. A specified period of time has elapsed without receiving a response from the digital camera.
How to correct, fix: The machine cannot communicate with the connected camera. Disconnect the cable between the machine and the camera to clear the error. Check the following items, then try printing again.
1. Confirm that the camera you are using supports PictBridge or Canon Bubble Jet Direct. If the camera does not support either one, the machine cannot print directly from the camera.
2. Set the camera in PictBridge print mode before it is connected to the machine. This is required before printing for some cameras that support PictBridge. Please refer to the camera instructions for more information about procedures required before and after connection to the machine.
3. There may have been no response from the camera for the prescribed time. Re-connect the cable between the camera and the machine.
E14 – Ink cartridge cannot be recognized.
How to correct, fix: Unsupported ink cartridge may be installed.
E15 – Install only recommended ink cartridges.
How to correct, fix: Install only recommended ink cartridges.
E16 – The ink level cannot be correctly recognized or detected.
How to correct, fix: A used ink cartridge may be installed, or the ink cartridge is empty. Press the <Black> or <Color> button, to clear the error and continue printing without replacing the ink cartridge. However, the remaining ink amount cannot be detected properly, so the function to detect the remaining ink amount does not operate.
E19 – Scanning failed error.
How to correct, fix: Scanning a document failed. Check if the document is placed in the correct orientation position and try the operation again.
Site searches: fix canon printer, reset canon ink cartridges, reset printer canon ip1880, change ink canon printer, reset epson printer
reset canon mp160, reset canon ip3000, reset canon pixma ip1000, reset canon mp530, reset canon printer reseat mp160, mp180, mp460 fix error message